The Whole Shyt n Kaboodle

Monday, July 7, 2014

What a Weekend

My 4th of July was not fun. I had a hard day, the only thing I could eat at the cookout was the over-processed Swedish meatballs I brought, and part of a hamburger patty. No brownies because they were filled with walnuts even. I was really bummed, cranky form a lack of food and pain, and stressed trying to keep Edison stress free and out of the way of people who are not dog friendly. Tack on family that finds drama everywhere, and I was ready to be home.

We had to leave before all of the fireworks really started, Edison was stressing big time over firecrackers, no point in ruining other's fun!

The 5th and 6th were much better and busy. Saturday morning we had breakfast and took Edison out for his dread bath, and to the vet for cat food and to get Edison weighed. It ended up enjoyable! Edison walked loose leach throughout the morning. He stood still on the scale, weighing 116.7lbs. The bath, were he normally freaks and it is like wrangling a wild animal was smooth . He sat in the tub where we bathed and conditioned him. Edison even laid down in the back during the car ride, without issue as well it was awesome.

My brother and his girlfriend came over for a chit chat, they are in from Seattle, and is was nice. They are in for the week. Sunday, yesterday, we went to the movies and lunch together, then they and my mother came over and I made Cheesecake, Lasagna, and French Bread all from scratch. My little brother's girlfriend made us Bulgigo, a Korean beef dish. I watched closely so I can make it, it was AMAZING. We hung out and played Cards Against Humanity. While I had a blast, and would not change the day for anything, I was just exhausted, and done with the weekend.

Today, is very mellow. It is a good pajama day that is for sure! I closed myself up for the day, no windows open and am being a recluse. I also slept in.

No comments:

Post a Comment