The Whole Shyt n Kaboodle

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Poetic Rant

   I am not a poet, but I love to read and write. Today I have come to a head. I am sick of so much negativity. Life is not all rainbows and puppies, but when I see one, it is always followed by someone else tossing their own shit on it. It is not even theirs, it is the neighbors they pick up, claim their own, and complain about the stench.

   Some may say that I am unenlightened because I refuse to watch the news and read the paper. I pick through MSN and stay with Nerd and Science stories. I am not political. I find people are full of opinions and criticism, never a solution or the drive to seriously change things.

   I have power over my own life. Something I am rediscovering.

I can no longer look you in the eyes.
Playing the victim once again
Encased in negativity
Everyone to blame
None but yourself in truth

You wonder why I shrug
Why I roll my eyes
My voice is no longer there to catch you
I dropped the ball you say
I dropped the pretense I say

Pick yourself up
Make the change
Others will not hold your standards
You reach within arms-length
Your expectation reach to the stars

These lips are dry from kissing boo-boos
These eyes tired of seeing a scene on loop
These hands tired of wiping tears
These ears tired of hearing such white noise

Stop .

No comments:

Post a Comment