The Whole Shyt n Kaboodle

Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 1 with Braces

It has been a week of ups and downs.

Days 1-2 was pretty easy. everything was weird. There was pressure and mild headache here and there. I ate normal foods cut teeny tiny, but chewed with the molars.

Days 3-4 were miserable. The pressure was there, pain, my teeth would not take any sort of touching, and my molars were not coming down properly. I lived on little, my go to breakfast of Ramens could not be eaten even. Things were swallowed whole pretty much or just not eaten.

Day 5 was okay, I found out I could eat a a McDonald's McGriddle (pancake/sausage/egg). I deconstructed it all, but it was the most complete meal I had in a while.

Day 6-7 have been awesome. There has been a running of nighttime pain, but during the day I can eat!

The worst has been the not being able to clench on the bad days. I think it has caused me to randomly snap my teeth shut when in pain on those days. That is not fun at all. It is like a one time hard chatter. At first I could not pinpoint why I was doing it until last night. I was so tired, and all the chewing and toothy fun I had during the day made me too sore to clench and relieve pain. The next thing I know I am sitting there and my teeth snap down on one another once. It made me think. The pattern became clear, It happens when I am tired, too sore/painful, unable to clench. Now I know why, but it is still not cool!

Here are my 1wk progress photos, sorry about the nasty lighting: Top Brace Day (6/30/14), Bottom 1wk (7/7/14)


No comments:

Post a Comment