The Whole Shyt n Kaboodle

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Talking Teeth


   Today I had a cleaning at my dentist's office. I also had the dentist look at a lower front tooth that was giving me issue with any pressure. I told him what was going on and that I suspected was moving around because of it's freedom from the prison of my upper teeth. He looked and agreed with my suspicion. He did say that if it got worse to let him know and then we would need to bring Dr. Miller, my ortho, in on it. They do not want the tooth to go madcap janky.

   The dentist was so geeked out over my upper braces, grabbing me a mirror and explaining what each bracketed tooth with end up doing. He even took on my word I use too often, janky. I about died laughing when he said it, and it was just great to see someone geeking out. You've gotta love such passion and nerdiness :)

   The cleaning went well, I was very anxious today, and my mind through it all was going 100m/h and I was internally going over in excess every thought that entered while having my teeth cleaned. At least I did not freak out this time. The hygienist said that I am doing a great job taking care of my teeth. The pocket in my two front lowers that was a 5 and had her worried an doubting it would reverse without numbing and really getting in there., is now a 3 a normal number.

  Yesterday was 2 weeks of braces, and there is more progress, pictures will be posted. I have been able to eat normally with some modifications:

  • Cut all sandwiches in half
  • Anything entering the mouth to be chewed needs to come in through the side at an angle
  • The thinner, the harder to chew
My teeth are also crackling a lot. Had I not known this would happen, I would be freaking out. They are wiggly and crackling. I am consistently reminding myself that they will not fall out, because the sensation is like they are breaking and going to fall out. Sounds like an awake stress dream I have had.

Here are the Teeth 1 Brace Day, 2 is 1 week, 3 is Current


   

No comments:

Post a Comment